Search engine optimisation (SEO) is an ever-evolving field, and staying up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices is essential to maintain and improve your website’s visibility in search engine results. Check out some of our tips below:
- Mobile-First Indexing: Google primarily uses the mobile version of websites for ranking and indexing. Ensure your website is mobile-friendly, responsive, and offers an excellent user experience on mobile devices.
- Core Web Vitals: Google considers factors like page loading speed, interactivity, and visual stability as part of its ranking algorithm. Optimize your website to meet Core Web Vitals criteria for a better user experience.
- High-Quality Content: Create valuable, well-researched, and engaging content that satisfies user intent. Content depth and relevance remain crucial for SEO success.
- Video SEO: Video content is increasingly popular. Optimize your videos for search engines by using descriptive titles, video transcripts, and relevant keywords.
- Voice Search Optimization: As voice-activated devices become more common, optimize your content for voice search by using conversational keywords and answering natural language queries.
- Featured Snippets: Target featured snippet opportunities by providing concise, informative answers to common questions in your niche. Structured data markup can help increase your chances of being featured.
- Local SEO: Optimize your website for local searches, including creating and updating your Google My Business listing, acquiring local backlinks, and generating online reviews.
- E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness): Continue to establish your website’s expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness in your niche. High-quality content and authoritative backlinks contribute to E-A-T.
- Schema Markup: Use schema markup to provide search engines with structured data about your content. This can enhance how your content appears in search results and enable rich snippets.
- Mobile-Optimized AMP: Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) can improve mobile load times. Consider using AMP for your mobile pages, especially for news articles and blog posts.
- User Experience (UX) and Core Web Vitals: Prioritize a positive user experience by improving page load times, optimizing for mobile, and minimizing intrusive interstitials.
- Keyword Research: Conduct thorough keyword research to understand user intent and identify valuable, less competitive keywords to target.
- Backlink Quality over Quantity: Focus on acquiring high-quality backlinks from authoritative and relevant websites. Avoid spammy link-building tactics.
- Topic Clusters and Pillar Content: Organize your content around topic clusters and create pillar content that covers broad subjects comprehensively. This helps improve content authority and interlinking.
- Secure and Fast Hosting: Choose a reliable and secure hosting provider with fast server response times. A slow or unreliable hosting service can negatively impact SEO.
- Monitor and Analyze: Regularly monitor your website’s performance with tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console. Pay attention to organic search traffic, rankings, and click-through rates.
- Algorithm Updates: Stay informed about search engine algorithm updates, especially those from Google. Be prepared to adapt your SEO strategy if necessary.
Remember that SEO is an ongoing process, and it’s essential to adapt to changing trends and search engine algorithms. Additionally, prioritise user experience and content quality, as these are foundational to successful SEO in 2023 and beyond.
Here at JPixels we work very closely with our clients to ensure not only is there website hypothetically ticking all of Googles boxes. We also ensure we build our websites to a strict SEO standard right from the very start! – Content us today to book in a call.